Optimising Your Website for Voice Searches
Voice Search Command
How to be found on the web for vocal questions.
Amazon’s Alexa, Apple's Siri and Google Home have radically changed how users find information on the web over the past 12-24 months. These voice operated artificial intelligence technologies are already impacting the way users are searching for everything on the internet. Making everyone questions the way the develop their website content to be found for these searches.
The Future of Internet Searches.
How many people use voice search commands?
According to Google, 20% of all current online searches are made through voice command. That's 1 in every 5 searches. It isn't just repeat users too! The number of people getting on board to voice command searches is rising in a sharp trajection. According to MindMeld, approximately 40% of new phone users are using the artificial intelligence in their device for finding things online. ComScore says that by the year 2020, 50% of all searches will be voice searches.
Benefits of Optimising your Website for Voice Searches
What are the benefits for making these changes to my website?
Voice command searches are more mobile focused and tend to target local operators. This is due to the embedded nature of the majority of mobile devices and the artificial intelligence that it comes with. However, many vocal assistants are involved in everyday situations at home, work as well as when outdoors.
The benefits of targeting these vocal searches means;
- those who adopt this early technology will be driven to your business, rather than your competitors,
- you can gain business that would've otherwise been lost, and
- you have an opportunity to improve your digital marketing message.
Preparing for the change in website structure
How do I improve my website to be found by Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
The future of website content is solely based around one primary concept; user experience. This isn't just for vocal searches, but in general for all searches on the internet. Providing all the information required in a convenient apparatus that doesn't distract or annoy users will earn your website greater traffic through these providers.
There are 4 key tactics to utilise when improving your website for AI.
Think about conversational words rather than keywords.
- Understanding that voice command searches will significantly differ from standard text based searches will determine how the content is restructured.
- Conversations are more natural as opposed to keyword centric phrases. It also expands the avenues of content that will need to be developed to satisfy user voice searches.
- Providing more content that is related to the page topic will deliver more accurate search engine ranking results and voice command searches based on what you have provided.
Target long tail keywords.
- Expand your keyword lists (both organic and paid) to target longer-tail keyword phrases.
- Utilise statements that serve a greater purpose rather than general keywords.
- Improve the lines of communication between your business and its customers.
Master local searches on mobiles.
- Optimise your website page speed to be quickly and easily found by users when outdoors and using their 3G or 4G.
- Complete your local business listings for location, phone number and open hours so voice searches know what you do and your availability.
- Make sure these listings are accurate and complete on Google, Yelp, Bing and other relevant search engines.
Focus on answering questions.
- Focus on questions words. Who, What, Where, When, Why and How.
- Think about what someone looking for your product or service may ask for when in need. Target that questions in your website content strategy.
- Incorporate your questions focused into longtail keywords.
Does your website work for voice command searches?
READ MORE BLOGS BY JABA
Building the perfect 2018 website for Google
How Effective Is Your Website?